ABES crossWind provides a toolbox to assist in the evaluation of the dynamic response of long-span and tall structures to wind loading.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) code to evaluate the interaction between a cross-section and the surrounding air flow in 2D using the Vortex Particle method.
- Functions to compute the lift-, drag-, and moment characteristics for given cross-sections.
- Functions to determine vortex shedding characteristics.
- Functions to compute flutter parameters.
- Flutter analysis for single-mode and coupled multi-mode flutter.
Please visit our reference project section for application examples.
Air flow around cylinder at Reynolds number 500 and 2670.